cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Mark Robson <mar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: random n00b question
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 21:04:50 GMT
2009/9/15 Chris Goffinet <goffinet@digg.com>

> Do you really expect a user to open up multiple tabs and start clicking
> concurrently? Is the use case for bots? Remember, if you're trying to
> capture a user's activity and think they might open up many windows, I
> wouldn't be saving that into a session in general.

No, but what I often see is that web developers create pages with a frame
set (or iframe, AJAX stuff etc) which try to share the session state on
multiple simultaneous requests coming from the same browser in the same
window. They then race to update the session; sometimes this works,
sometimes it doesn't.

The session locks avoid this. I'm not sure whether they are a good idea in
general.

Mark