cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Greene <michael.gre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: data distribution among DataFileDirectories
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 21:00:59 GMT
On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Igor Katkov <ikatkov@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2. Is there a way to control key distribution, for the cases when
>> hard-drives are of different capacity?
>
> No.  (That wouldn't be hard to add, but nobody's needed it.)

This certainly isn't the correct solution, but since the data file
locations are chosen round-robin, one could use multiple data file
directories per drive in the desired ratio and it would come out
approximately correct if I'm thinking about it right.
e.g. with 300gb and 500gb drive, 3 directories on the 1st and 5
directories on the second could be listed.

Michael