cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Full-Text Search?
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 04:00:42 GMT
Cassandra does not give you FTS or any secondary indexing out of the
box.  It's a pretty low-level API, but it will scale just fine if you
want to build a FTS index out of it -- this is what facebook's first
cassandra app was, and http://twitter.com/tjake is working on a
Cassandra back end for Lucene which will be more general-purpose.

There's links to some presentations facebook gave which cover their
inbox search data model at
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ArticlesAndPresentations.

-Jonathan