cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Igor Katkov <ikat...@gmail.com>
Subject commit logs are not deleted
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 19:28:47 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Cassandra 0.4.0 rc2

I can't make Cassandra to wipe commit logs. They just keep
accumulating, no mater what settings I play with in the config file.

I insert 200ooo keys. 1 CF, one column, value is 170kb, single Cassandra node.
MemtableSizeInMB =32
MemtableObjectCountInMillions = 0.1

What do I do wrong?

Please correct me if I misunderstood how things work:

as soon as I insert a key-column-value, it gets written to memory, as
soon as [data size or # of object] (see the settings above) are
reached mem gets flushed to a commit log file. The very fact that I
have growing number of commit logs files tells me that this flushing
does happen.

Now, commit logs records has to be transferred to the data and index
files, I'm sure it happens as well, since my data folder is also
growing, I see a lot of *.db files there.
According to
http://perspectives.mvdirona.com/2009/02/07/FacebookCassandraArchitectureAndDesign.aspx
commit logs has to be wiped as soon as  all its column families pushed to disk.
This thing does NOT happen somehow, I have only one column family
defined in the conf file.

Conf file - http://www.katkovonline.com/storage-conf.xml