cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Greene <michael.gre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra performance
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 00:45:59 GMT
What Jonathan said.  Also, if you have the ability to switch your profiler
between wall mode and CPU mode, I would recommend it to give you a better
overall picture of what is going on.  If your profiler can switch between
'sampling' and 'tracing' modes that would also be useful.
I'm not sure if that picture and the profiling description is intended to
explain the need for incremental GC, but I don't understand it.  What
difference in memory growth are you seeing?  I'm not sure I can explain that
based on the GC docs I've read (although I'll be the first to admit I have a
relatively limited understanding of how it works)

Michael