cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra performance
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 00:37:58 GMT
be careful when profiling blocking io -- I bet that means that "I'm
spending all my time blocking for more data to read since there is
only one call per second."

the internal Cassandra MessagingService uses nonblocking io, but the
Thrift stuff is just your standard thread pool with blocking sockets.