cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Robinson, Michael" <>
Subject RE: .NET client example
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 22:00:30 GMT

Thank you very much for the feedback - I didn't realize until now that Cassandra.cs (which
includes the Client class) already existed in my project, so was ignorantly coding what was
already auto-generated for me.

From: Michael Greene []
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 1:24 PM
Subject: Re: .NET client example

The Java examples are easily portable.  For what it's worth, I have been using C# with Cassandra
for awhile.  I have some wrapper classes and connection management code that I'm still working
on getting released, but for testing the code generated by Thrift is largely usable out of
the box.

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Jonathan Ellis <<>>
It should be fairly easy to port the Java example on to C#.

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Robinson,
Michael<<>> wrote:
> Does anyone have or know of a C#/.NET port of the example Cassandra client
> code?  Since I'm more fluent in C# than Java (and Thrift graciously
> generates C# code for me), I'd prefer that environment as I continue to
> experiment.  I'm writing a simple client based on the Java example now, but
> figured time is better spent refining an existing project than starting
> fresh, if possible...
> Thanks,
> Mike

View raw message