cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Johan Stuyts" <j.stu...@zybber.nl>
Subject Scaling from 1 to x (was: one server or more servers?)
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:11:24 GMT
> 1. If you only have 3 production servers, Cassandra may not do much for
> you.
> You will probably only care if you have lots more servers. 3 servers is a
> reasonable minimum for a test / dev environment.

I suspect I will use 1 Cassandra-server when I start deploying my
application. I want to prevent having to change my application code when
the need arises to scale to x servers.

Is it unwise to use Cassandra in production if you use less than n
servers? I.e. is it better to use another solution for <n servers and
switch to Cassandra once n is reached?

Regards,

Johan Stuyts