cassandra-user mailing list archives

From mobiledream...@gmail.com
Subject hadoop + cassandra
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:19:52 GMT
I m trying to understand how cassandra and hadoop fit together

i thought cassandra was useful as a standalone product

i cannot figure a situation where cassandra needs hadoop for functionality

isnt hadoop just a gfs clone, since cassandra can be configured for
redundant storage and availability why do we need  hadoop?

thanks

--
Bidegg worlds best auction site
http://bidegg.com