cassandra-user mailing list archives

From mobiledream...@gmail.com
Subject Can we connect to every node in cassandra ?
Date Sun, 12 Jul 2009 20:34:15 GMT
Hey guys

*Say there are 4 nodes in cassandra, is it possible that we can send
insert/delete/update queries to any of the nodes?*

    <Seeds>
        <Seed>127.0.0.1</Seed>
        <Seed>x.x.x.x</Seed>
        <Seed>2.4.11.3</Seed>
        <Seed>23.41.121.43</Seed>
    </Seeds>

*Do all the data stores in other nodes need to be runnin on port 9160 as
there is not a way to specify port in the list of seeds*
    <!-- Addresses of hosts that are deemed contact points. Cassandra nodes
use
         this list of hosts to find each other and learn the topology of the
ring.
         You must change this if you are running multiple nodes!
    -->
    <Seeds>
        <Seed>127.0.0.1</Seed>
    </Seeds>