cassandra-user mailing list archives

From John Doe <jd...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: thrift+cassandra on RedHat 5...
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 15:35:18 GMT
From: Eric Evans <eevans@rackspace.com>
> If you are having issues getting Thrift installed, your best bet would
> be to post to one of their lists
> (http://incubator.apache.org/thrift/mailing/). They're better equipped
> to help you with this sort of problem.

Thx for the link!
Google sent me to http://publists.facebook.com/pipermail/thrift/
I registered but it seemed "abandonned", so I decided to try here.

> The assertion that created this exception is taking what is assumed to
> be the "main address" for your node (should be the one that maps to the
> hostname), and asserting that it is in the form of an IPv4 address.
> Does this machine use an IPv6 interface? If so, that is probably not
> going to work. If you haven't set it up for IPv6, then we need to figure
> out how an InetAddress.getLocalHost() returned "0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1".

While I have NETWORKING_IPV6=no, it still displays IPV6 adresses...
I think I have to prevent the module from being loaded,
but just commenting in my /etc/hosts the line that "I should not remove" solves this problem
in the meantime... ^_^
  #::1    localhost.localdomain   localhost       pc-03

Thx,
JD