cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database backstore
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 03:36:52 GMT
I suppose you could do that either directly from your client or with a
proxy, but if your rdbms can handle the write volume then just use
replication to handle the reads.  Typically people move to Cassandra
and other distributed dbs when they need to scale more writes than you
can do on an rdbms.

If possible, I think a better approach to "I don't trust this new
technology" is to keep a separate (distributed) log of your writes
somehow such that if you absolutely had to you could rebuild your
cassandra data from.

Risk of corruption with Cassandra is much lower than most systems
since SSTables are immutable once written.

-Jonathan