cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Chris Goffinet <goffi...@digg.com>
Subject Node Recovery
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 17:24:38 GMT
Scenario: if i setup a 2 node cluster, with replicationfactor of 2.
Inserted a new key (1) into a table. Its replicated to both nodes. I
shutdown node (2), delete all data, then bring it back up. I noticed
that if i make a request to that node the first time for that key, it
will return back an empty result (was using get_slice), then that node
will pull the data from other node. On next request to that node its
there. How does one really know if the data isn't there (should I
retry) vs it was never there to begin with?

---
Chris Goffinet
goffinet@digg.com