cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Cassandra at OSCON
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 19:45:36 GMT
My proposal to present on Cassandra at OSCON this year was accepted.
OSCON will be July 22 to 24 in San Jose.  My talk will be on Thursday:
http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2009/public/schedule/grid/2009-07-23

I covered similar material at my PyCon open space talk last week
(standing room only); it went very well.  There is a lot of interest
in scalable systems and Cassandra is one of a very few of these that
can handle structured data.  This will help get Cassandra a lot more
visibility as it reboots as an ASF project.

(I'm also giving a talk on Friday, "What every developer should know
about database scalability."  I'm mostly going to focus on relational
databases there but non-relational options will be mentioned,
including Cassandra.)

-Jonathan