cassandra-gsod2019 mailing list archives

From Nate McCall <zznat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Cassandra GSoD 2019
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2019 20:34:25 GMT
[+ GSoD list to keep everyone in the loop]
Hi Deepak,

For development of documentation, please see the following page on our site:
http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/development/documentation.html

There are two workflows documented therein for small changes and large
additions respectively.

Tooling would be whatever text editor you can use to write reStructuredText
for Sphinx (see the doc above for more details). Google Draw and exporting
as a PNG or GIF is probably fine for any images.

The process is a bit cumbersome for non-coders, but we will be happy to
help answer questions and walk you through it. The main take away is that
we work through Jira for visibility and changes are submitted as patches
that will be reviewed and applied by committers. If you havent done so yet,
I highly recommend you read The Apache Way and linked documents therein to
understand this process more thoroughly:
http://www.apache.org/theapacheway/index.html

Cheers,
-Nate