cassandra-gsod2019 mailing list archives

From Dinesh Joshi <djo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoD Applicant: Interested in 2. Cassandra Operator's Handbook and 3. Improving CQL Documentation.
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2019 21:38:46 GMT
Saurav,

Not sure what do you mean by "proving your candidature". Here's the tech writer guide[1].
It contains specific guidance on creating a proposal here[2].

If you're ready to submit your proposal, please go ahead and submit it. We, Apache Cassandra,
do not have any specific guidelines on what you should submit. If you're concerned about qualifying
for the GSoD program, please contact the GSoD team[3].

Thanks,

Dinesh

[1] https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/tech-writer-guide
[2] https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/tech-writer-application-hints
[3] https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/contact

> On Jun 17, 2019, at 1:06 AM, Saurav Malani <sauravmalani1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Dinesh,
>
> Thank you for your response.
>
> Can you please tell me how can I prove my candidature?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Regards,
> Saurav Malani
>

>  	Sender notified by
> Mailtrack 17/06/19, 12:18:32
>

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 5:10 AM Dinesh Joshi <djoshi@apache.org> wrote:
> Saurav, please see my response below.
>
> Dinesh
>
> > On Jun 12, 2019, at 2:23 PM, Dinesh Joshi <djoshi@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Saurav,
> >
> > Thank you for your interest. Please see the GSoD program rules[1] for tech writers.
Specifically the section that calls out that tech writers must demonstrate prior technical
writing experience through samples of their prior work and roles.

> > Additionally, the list of projects and descriptions are already listed on the GSoD
2019 website[2] specifically this[3] page on our website.

> > We are an open source project and always welcome contributions regardless of the
GSoD program.