cassandra-gsod2019 mailing list archives

From Michael Benavidez <mbenavi...@gmail.com>
Subject Tech Writer looking for GSOD2019 Projects
Date Thu, 09 May 2019 18:33:53 GMT
Hi there!

I'm one of the tech writers looking for a project to work for Google's
Season of Docs 2019 campaign. I'd like to reach out to talk with either
Dinesh or Nate about the projects proposed for Apache Cassandra.

To give a quick rundown of myself, I'm a technical writer based in Seattle,
Washington. I work indirectly for Microsoft as a permanent contractor on
their Global Datacenter program, so Cassandra struck me as a project with
good synergy and relevance to my current role. Most of what I write is
related to the physical processes of datacenters (Security, Infrastructure,
Safety, and so on) but I am interested in doing more documentation for a
developer audience.

I'm very accustomed to working with contributors to improve content through
co-authoring, email, or calls as necessary. My background knowledge
includes a general understanding of datacenter technology and some beginner
familiarity with C++ and programming fundamentals, which I aim to improve
over the summer. I'm most interested in your project to update the
documentation for the Cassandra 4.0 release, as getting feedback from
contributors about what needs to be updated would be very helpful for
someone starting out like myself.

If you're still looking for volunteers, please let me know what you're
looking for and  availability preferences for this project when you have a
chance. I'm happy to see if we can make something work!

Best Regards,
Michael Benavidez