cassandra-gsod2019 mailing list archives

From Nate McCall <zznat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: google season of docs: project proposal
Date Wed, 08 May 2019 00:58:39 GMT
[+gsod2019@cassandra.apache.org list for visibility]
Hi Federico,

The exploration and application phase run until the end of June:
https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/mentor-guide

We appreciate you proposing the idea as documentation of Materialized Views
would be interesting, but we have gone back and retroactively marked them
as experimental as there are just too many issues with the current
implementation. It won't be until after we release 4.0 late this year that
we'll have time to come back around to them. Given that, I don't think we
would accept documentation on them (yet) as that would not send the right
message about their current state.

We would be happy to discuss other proposals.

Thanks for reaching out either way!

Cheers,
-Nate