cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Podkowinski <s...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 2.1.21
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2019 16:56:17 GMT
We currently intent to support 2.1 with critical fixes only, which
leaves some room for interpretation. As usually, people have different
views, in this case on what exactly a critical fix is. If there are some
patches that are potential candidates for 2.1, but haven’t been
committed, then we should revisit them and discuss back-porting. But EOL
dates are not something that should be changed ad-hoc. If we do that, we
might as well completely stop communicating support periods at all,
since we may change our minds any time anyways, and I don’t think that’s
acceptable.