cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksey Yeshchenko <alek...@apple.com>
Subject Re: Proposal to retroactively mark materialized views experimental
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2017 18:42:30 GMT
Strongly disagree with MV’s being isolated part.

You can feel the touch of the MVs in the read path, write path, metadata handling, whether
you use them or not. And comparing any of those before/after MVs were introduced makes me
sad every time I face any of it. It made our codebase objectively worse.