cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Evans <john.eric.ev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Way to unsubscribe from mailing lists
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2017 14:56:03 GMT
On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 2:56 AM, Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodrime@gmail.com> wrote:
> Should / could we have INFRA automatically unsubscribing people sending
> those messages? I believe this would be the best solution, as more people
> mentioned a year ago. I would like at least those messages to be filtered,
> even that is a bit more selfish as it would not end the subscription for
> the person sending the message, it would at least reduce the noise.

I'd be in favor of filtering them from the list, with an
auto-responder that explained *why* it wasn't delivered, and what they
need to do to unsubscribe (and maybe setting the reply-to to
{list}-unsubscribe@cassandra.a.o).

I'm fairly certain the list software doesn't come ready to do this
though; I imagine the response from INFRA will be something like
"patches welcome", so we should be ready to rollup our sleeves.

--
Eric Evans
john.eric.evans@gmail.com