cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Hess <brianmh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: If reading from materialized view with a consistency level of quorum am I guaranteed to have the most recent view?
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2017 13:11:50 GMT
This is not true.

You cannot provide a ConsistencyLevel for the Materialized Views on a table when you do a
write. That is, you do not explicitly write to a Materialized View, but implicitly write to
it via the base table. There is not consistency guarantee other than eventual  between the
base table and the Materialized View. That is, the coordinator only acknowledges the write
when the proper number of replicas in the base table have acknowledged successful writing.
There is no waiting or acknowledgement for any Materialized Views on that table.

Therefore, while you can specify a Consistency Level on read since you are reading directly
from the Materialized View as a table, you cannot specify a Consistency Level on wrote for
the Materialized View. So, you cannot apply the R+W>RF formula.

---->Brian