cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Nate McCall <zznat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra on Google Summer of Code 2017
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2017 01:38:07 GMT
Sorry for the top post, but just want to make sure everyone has the details:
If any committers want to be involved in this, the ASF is filling this
out as a whole so we don't need to do too much on a project level.

ASF details for mentorship (including GSoC) can be found here:
http://community.apache.org/guide-to-being-a-mentor.html

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Русак Максим <mak-rusak@yandex.ru> wrote:
> Hello, developers of Cassandra. I'm really interested in the Cassandra project (especially
in distributed metadata components(like gossip)) and eager to take part in GSoC, dive deep
into Cassandra internals and make a contribution under mentorship.
> Currently I'm working on my undergrad diploma in Yandex YT (analog of Hadoop). My work
is related to distributed metadata and anomalous nodes detection.
> So I have few questions:
> 1. Does Cassandra plan to take part in GSoC this year?
> 2. Are anyone willing to mentor? (not necessarily relating to distributed metadata)
> It'll be nice to see wide range of Cassandra projects and ideas. In this way Cassandra
could attract new talents and accelerate development :)