cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <jeff.ji...@crowdstrike.com>
Subject Re: Current Branch Merge Path - PLEASE READ!
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2016 12:09:29 GMT
It depends on severity, but generally… If you find a bug in 3.0, you should work back to
2.1 to see if it exists in older versions. We don’t put minor fixes into 2.1 (or really
2.2 at this point) – 2.1 is critical fixes only, and 2.2 is getting to that point as well.

If it’s a minor minor bug, fix it in 3.0 and generate patches for versions newer than that.
If it’s a critical bug, go back to 2.1 and see if it exists there as well.