cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Kjellman <mkjell...@internalcircle.com>
Subject Re: DataStax role in Cassandra and the ASF
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 17:48:08 GMT
And to add one additional thought to follow up: I generally am personally motivated to fix
problems and bugs that reduce my chance of getting paged at 3am in the morning. This is important
for my mental health but also for the perceived stability of our products (obviously).

Features are important as they provide gateways for adoption of all the other code by new
customers.

Stability and performance is one of those things that doesn't "sell" well to new adopters
(but sells very well to existing customers).

Luckily most people are on 2.1 and 3.0 and there are tons of features already in releases
for people to adopt so we've got the "features" thing under control for at least a year in
my opinion.

best,
kjellman

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 4, 2016, at 10:33 AM, Michael Kjellman <mkjellman@internalcircle.com> wrote:
>
> "Avalon. The database" yes autocorrect. That's exactly what I wanted.
>
> That should read "scaling the database and stability." Sorry. I'm typing this while walking
up a big ass hill in San Francisco heading to the office. 😜