cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Nate McCall <zznat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 2.1.16
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2016 19:26:32 GMT
Hi Romain,
I appreciate you speaking up about this, but I stuck with my +1 in
order to get 2.1.16 with the NTR fix out since I have seen
CASSANDRA-11363 with every recent client installation. Also, running
the patch in production produced results satisfactory enough to me to
preclude the need for explicit monitoring added by your patch (though
I do think it's a good idea to have a metric).

Thanks for both the patch and bringing it up regardless.

-Nate

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 11:45 AM, Romain Hardouin
<romainh_ml@yahoo.fr.invalid> wrote:
> Hi,
> I use the "current 2.1.16" (commit cdd535fcac4ba79bb371e8373c6504d9e3978853) on production
in 5 DCs (82 nodes) out of 7 and it works well!I've just had to add a MBean to track changes
of the NTR queue length on top of cdd535f. This allow to make correlations with other metrics
and see the impact of a change.
> I've filed a ticket with patches for 2.1 and the trunk https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-12758
> Do you think this MBean could land in the final 2.1.16 since it goes hand-in-hand with
CASSANDRA-11363?