cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksey Yeschenko <alek...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 3.8/3.9 releases/branch freeze, current merge order
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 15:44:44 GMT
Correction: s/12528/11195/g. I’m an idiot who cannot copy-paste.

Also, cassandra-3.8 branch was removed from the repo, to further minimise confusion.

--
AY

On 24 August 2016 at 16:25:21, Aleksey Yeschenko (aleksey@apache.org) wrote:

TL;DR: cassandra-3.8 branch is dead; cassandra-3.9 is frozen, unless you are committing the
fix for #12140 or #12528.
For everything else go cassandra-3.0 -> trunk.

There has been some confusion regarding the current branch merge order that I’d like to
clarify.

As you’ve seen from Joel’s last email, we are close to full Code Green status on casandra-3.9
branch, with one dtest and one upgrade test failing.

As soon as those two issues are resolved, we’ll be starting off the long delayed 3.8+3.9
votes.

What does it mean for the merge order? It means that unless you are committing the fix for CASSANDRA-12140
(the one failing dtest),
or the fix for CASSANDRA-12528 (the one failing upgrade test), you should skip cassandra-3.9
branch altogether and merge directly
into trunk (to become 3.10 eventually).

For all other tickets consider the branch to be frozen. On a related note, cassandra-3.8 branch
is dead, and should be skipped altogether.

--
AY