cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From "John John" <john.s.1...@mail.com>
Subject DSE vs Open Source
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2016 15:22:39 GMT

What is the difference behind Datastax DSE Cassandra and open source.

1. Why is Datastax maintaining a fork of open source where they back port fixes which are
not back ported for the community for that version. People running DSE wants more stability
thats why?

2. I know community moved to a new release process which will make it very hard for  companies
to use open source. I have been told DSE will still have long term support for release similar
to old release process?

I am very happy to use DSE since it gives more features but was confused why we are in this
situation. I am sure I am missing something.