cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Hardouin <romainh...@yahoo.fr.INVALID>
Subject Re: Support Multi-Tenant in Cassandra
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2016 08:10:11 GMT
I don't use C* in such a context but out of curiosity did you set the request_scheduler to
RoundRobin or did you implement your own scheduler?
Romain
    Le Vendredi 15 juillet 2016 8h39, jason zhao yang <zhaoyangsingapore@gmail.com>
a écrit :

 Hi,

May I ask is there any plan of extending functionalities related to
Multi-Tenant?

Our current approach is to define an extra PartitionKey called "tenant_id".
In my use cases, all tenants will have the same table schemas.

* For security isolation: we customized GRANT statement to be able to
restrict user query based on the "tenant_id" partition.

* For getting all data of single tenant, we customized SELECT statement to
support allow filtering on "tenant_id" partition key.

* For server resource isolation, I have no idea how to.

* For per-tenant backup restore, I was trying a
tenant_base_compaction_strategy to split sstables based on tenant_id. it
turned out to be very inefficient.

What's community's opinion about submitting those patches to Cassandra? It
will be great if you guys can share the ideal Multi-Tenant architecture for
Cassandra?

jasonstack