cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Anuj Wadehra <anujw_2...@yahoo.co.in.INVALID>
Subject Re: Criteria for upgrading to 3.x releases in PROD
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 17:42:12 GMT
Can someone help me with this one?
ThanksAnuj

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, 10 Apr, 2016 at 11:07 PM, Anuj Wadehra<anujw_2003@yahoo.co.in> wrote:   Hi,
Tick-Tock release strategy in 3.x was a good intiative to ensure frequent & stable releases.
While odd releases are supposed to get all the bug fixes and should be most stable, many people
like me, who got used to the comforting "production ready/stable" tag on Apache website,  are
still reluctant to take latest 3.x odd releases into production. I think the hesitation is
somewhat justified as processes often take time to mature.
So here I would like to ask the experts, people who know the ground situation, people who
actively develop it and manage it. Considering the current scenario, What should be a resonable
criteria for taking 3.x releases in production?

ThanksAnuj