cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From xutom <xutom2...@126.com>
Subject Data export with consistency problem
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 01:35:57 GMT
Hi all,
    I have a C* cluster with five nodes and my cassandra version is 2.1.1 and we also enable
"Hinted Handoff" . Everything is fine while we use C* cluster to store up to 10 billion rows
of data. But now we have a problem. During our test, after we import up to 40 billion rows
of data into C* cluster, we manually remove the network cable of one node(eg: there are 5
nodes, and we remove just one network cable of node to simulate minor network problem with
C* cluster), then we  create another table and import 30 million into this table. Before we
reconnect the network cable of that node, we export the data of the new table, we can export
all 30 million rows many times. But after we reconnect the network cable, we export the data
immediately and we cannot all the 30 million rows of data. Maybe a fewer minutes later, after
the C* cluster balance all the datas( my guess) , then we do the exporting , we could export
all the 30 million rows of data.
    Is there something wrong with "Hinted Handoff"? Whille coping data from coordinator node
to the newer incoming node, is the newer node can response the client`s request? Thanks in
advances!

jerry