cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Karlsson <jan.karls...@ericsson.com>
Subject Should we align JMX Authentication with internal Cassandra authentication?
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 13:34:03 GMT
Hello fellow devs,

Currently JMX authentication is handled by using a password file. I was thinking we could
make this a little more sophisticated.
What I propose is, we plug JMX so that it uses the internal authenticator Cassandra has to
authenticate the user. This will allow us to authenticate towards the Cassandra database.
(No pesky password file)
We can make this pluggable so that users could add their own authenticator and authorizer.

I have created a JIRA ticket on this as I have been working on a solution which would let
us do precisely this.

What are your thoughts on this?

Best Regards
Jan Karlsson