cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Shuler <mich...@pbandjelly.org>
Subject Cassandra CI Master Server Update
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 06:08:48 GMT
Hi Devs,

I migrated Jenkins to a larger server and most everything looks right,
except autojobs. The first runs of autojobs started a build of every
developer's jobs - it queued ~1700 jobs which would have resulted in
launching roughly 9000 AWS instances. Needless to say, autojobs has been
disabled temporarily, so new branch jobs are not going to be created
automatically.

Workaround - re-use an existing branch job, perhaps?

Additionally, it appears that when a commit hook user pushes, it starts
all that user's jobs. I hijacked the URL that is used in the hook
temporarily, so commits will not trigger jobs, at the moment.

Workaround - trigger manually via irc:

/msg cassci !build <myjobname>

The I/O looks a lot better on the new server, double the ram, and double
the cores  :)

Thanks for your patience while we work this annoyance out!

--
Kind regards,
Michael