cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: cqlsh client side filtering
Date Thu, 07 May 2015 17:21:24 GMT
On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Jens Rantil <jens.rantil@tink.se> wrote:

> Are there any plans (or JIRA issue) for adding client-side filtering to
> cqlsh? It would hugely improve our experiences with it when debugging etc.
> I wouldn't be against adding some kind of auto LIMIT or warning when using
> it as I understand users could use it as an anti-pattern, too.

There are general plans to increase the types of filtering that Cassandra
can do server-side, but CASSANDRA-8099 is necessary for a lot of that work.

We prefer not to support things in cqlsh that can't be done through normal
cql queries (outside of basic admin-type operations).  What sort of API are
you envisioning?

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>