cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Jake Luciani <j...@apache.org>
Subject Cassandra fixVersion JIRA change
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 16:56:10 GMT
Hi,

Currently in JIRA we mark an issue with a specific fixVersion upfront.
When doing releases this causes issues because once the release is cut
we need to bulk move all the unresolved issues for that release to the
next version.  This bulk move operation replaces the fixVersion field
and wipes out any other fixVersions an issue happened to have. like
2.1.5 and 2.0.15.

So I propose (actually this is Sylvain's idea) we create series
placeholder versions like 2.0.x 2.1.x 3.x which we use to mark the
series of a JIRA upfront.  On commit we then set the specific version
the ticket was committed for.

I've started migrating our series over to this already.  Please try to
remember to do this.

-Jake