cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques-Henri Berthemet <jacques-henri.berthe...@genesys.com>
Subject Knowning which node received a search request.
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2014 11:07:38 GMT
Hi,

I'm implementing a PerRowSecondaryIndex, when receiving a search request on org.apache.cassandra.db.index.SecondaryIndexSearcher
impl, is there a way to know if I'm the node that received the request or if it's a replica?

Currently the request is sent to all the nodes and then all results are aggregated so I have
duplicates. Ideally I'd like the request to be sent only to one node, this may not be possible.
So I'd like the other nodes to return nothing. In my implementation, a single node is needed
to aggregate the results.

Thank you,
--
Jacques-Henri Berthemet