cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From graham sanderson <gra...@vast.com>
Subject Error reporting
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 20:11:58 GMT
I’ve seen a few JIRA issues here and there, but haven’t heard much about any goal towards
more context in error reporting. For almost all of the errors we see in production, it would
be useful to include KS/CF in the error (and from the code that information is available in
most cases). We have a bunch of different apps using Cassandra in different ways, and so knowing
where the errors are occurring (which isn’t obvious from the logs) would help us a lot,
because a) it is currently hard to distinguish between a possible application problem or Cassandra
problem, and b) currently we have other authoritative data sources upstream for many things,
and could simply blow away problematic keyspaces/tables