cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Moshe Hodley <>
Subject RE: cassandra 1.1.4 problem - InvalidRequestException(why:unconfigured columnfamily
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 09:37:10 GMT
I upgraded Cassandra from version 0.8 to version 1.1.4 and now getting some strange behavior.

When I create a new CF and start inserting data to it get:

InvalidRequestException(why:unconfigured columnfamily _tmp50_grp_reportStatistics_mexpopularkeyword_sp)
        at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$
        at org.apache.thrift.TServiceClient.receiveBase(
        at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.recv_batch_mutate(
        at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.batch_mutate(
        at com.approximatch.common.db.cassandra.ColumnsDataHandler$3.execute(
        at com.approximatch.common.db.DbProxy$DBOperation.execute(
        at com.approximatch.common.db.DbProxy.restartDBAndRetry(
        at com.approximatch.common.db.DbProxy.onFail(
        at com.approximatch.common.db.DbProxy.performDBOperation(
        ... 48 more

The installation consists of a single box with a single Cassandra node.
I found that this was also a problem in 1.1.0

Moshe Hoadley

to the Amdocs policy statement,
you may review at