cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From paul cannon <pcan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pushing Cassandra 1.2 back a month to November?
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 21:02:05 GMT
On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2) The binary protocol only really has a Java implementation so far.
> Having the time to flesh out the Python implementation would be a good
> sanity check before we commit to protocol stability.

Just to clarify, the Python implementation is complete(*) as far as I know,
but lacks any significant real-world use or heavy test coverage.

(*) just finished adding the snappy compression and event registration
support and added some basic tests last night, and committed it to the
master branch today.