cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can we get compaction events in tpstats?
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 21:20:36 GMT
Hi David,

We have CompactionManagerMBean.getTotalCompactionsCompleted already.
Not sure if it's exposed in nodetool but if it were it would be in
compactionstats rather than tpstats.

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 2:55 PM, David Hawthorne <dhawth@gmx.3crowd.com> wrote:
> In trying to figure out what my cluster is doing, one of the common questions I'm asking
is "how many compactions is it doing?"  But I noticed there's no obvious compaction counter
in the tpstats output.  Is there a counter in there that directly correlates to the number
of compactions done?  If not, can you add one?  Alternately, compactionstats would be more
useful if it included that counter instead of just showing the currently running compactions.
 Usually when I go to look at it, the compaction is already done so all I get is a big 0.
 My ops team wants to be able to keep track of and graph things like this so they can quickly
understand what's going on if there's a problem with the cluster.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra