cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Ansar Rafique <ansa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Range Queries Help Needed
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 10:11:09 GMT

Hi,

I am Apache Cassandra user and currently I am working on 3 nodes cluster in a single data
center.I am using the random partitioner for data partitioner. Actually what I am trying to
achieve is to have the range queries using Random partioner. I am stick and not getting any
help to do it.

I created my own column family using Column Familes as Indexes. It is written in page 14 of
Apache Cassandra Documentation Book (April 17, 2012) by Datastax

Although having the ability to do range scans on rows sounds like a desirable feature of ordered
partitioners, there are
ways to achieve the same functionality using column family indexes. Most applications can
be designed with a data
model that supports ordered queries as slices over a set of columns rather than range scans
over a set of rows.

I would like to know that how we can achieve the same functionality (Range Queries in Random
Partitioner) using column family trick. Any simple example would be highly appreciated. Please
email me back at ansark6@hotmail.com

Looking forward for your quick response.

-Ansar