cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Doubleday <daniel.double...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: make default download cassandra 1.0
Date Sat, 19 May 2012 10:36:06 GMT
Well fwiw this is my perspecive as a user:

Software does not stabilize in sherry casks it does so by beining used.
If you don't release than it's not being used because only few use betas.
Nobody forces you to use the latest version. You can deploy latest on
your test system and watch it for a couple of weeks and report problems
back making it stable. New users will mainly want to fool around with it
in the beginning. So there's no harm. Everybody who takes bleeding edge
to production will meet Darwin sooner or later.

Point is: we are the testers.

My 5c