cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Git at Apache <...@git.apache.org>
Subject cassandra pull request: Provide initial size for ColumnFamily object.
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 06:16:51 GMT
GitHub user akolyadenko opened the pull request at
https://github.com/apache/cassandra/pull/10

----
Provide initial size for ColumnFamily object.

It's fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3741.
The problem there is that when ColumnFamily got all columns deleted, the size() method returns
0 despite the fact that actual object size is at least 40 bytes.
It affects calculations of whole Memtable size. In my case I deleted millions of columns and
Cassandra didn't calculate Memtable size correctly, and didn't flush it. It caused OOM crash
of DB.
----

You can merge this pull request into a Git repository by running
$ git pull https://github.com/akolyadenko/cassandra trunk

Alternatively you can review and apply these changes as the patch at
https://github.com/apache/cassandra/pull/10.patch