cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From paul cannon <p...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra has moved to Git
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 19:21:21 GMT
On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Eric Evans <eevans@acunu.com> wrote:

> There are also some matters of work-flow or process that we need to
> hashed out.  For example, how do we handle reviews now?  Do we
> continue to mandate/recommend/allow rebasing?

Surely we'd want to follow normal git practices here: rebasing is almost
never appropriate once a branch is pushed to a public repo, where other
people might have gotten it.

Where you might rebase a plain patch series on top of new developments in a
target SVN branch, you probably just ought to merge the target git branch
into your topic branch instead.  Same effect, but retains history.