cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Samarth Gahire <Samarth.Gah...@talentica.com>
Subject Deletion Based On Timestamp
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 14:21:24 GMT
I have one suggestion regarding Deletion
Why don't We provide deletion on the basis of timestamp.
It will be more useful as well as time efficient if there provision  to delete the data which
is inserted in particular range of time on the basis of timestamp.
Example:-

1)      Lets say I will ask Cassandra to delete data which is inserted (whose TimeStamp is
less than the given timestamp) before certain date(TimeStamp).

2)      Or another way to delete data inserted between certain time span .like delete the
data inserted between two input timestamps.

Thanks and Regards,
Samarth Gahire.