cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Lebresne <>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 0.8.4
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 17:08:13 GMT
We just fixed a fairly serious bug with counter (CASSANDRA-3006 -- it is
serious in that it "corrupt" counters). Cassandra 0.8.3 also shipped with a
potential small upgrade problem (CASSANDRA-3011). There is no reason to wait
to give those to users (especially the counter fix), so I propose the
following artifacts for release as 0.8.4.

Staging repository:

The artifacts as well as a debian package are also available here:

Because 0.8.3 has been release only 2 days ago, there hasn't been many changes
since then, and the said change are mainly trivial, so I propose an expedited
vote of 24 hours (longer if needed).

[1]: (CHANGES.txt)
[2]: (NEWS.txt)

View raw message