cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Shaw <>
Subject Re: CqlResult in CassandraConnection
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 01:56:19 GMT
No. I know of none. I will however, make sure the the abstract keyword is added to the classes
you have mentioned.

On Aug 29, 2011, at 2:17 AM, Vivek Mishra wrote:

> Thanks Rick.
> As to class level hierarchy, I am not sure I understand the reference? Could you elaborate?
> <Vivek> As we have got 1 super class and sub class in place for ( AbstractCassandraConnection,AbstractResultSet
and AbstractStatement). So thought to ask for if any other implementation is on roadmap? </vivek>
> Vivek
> ________________________________
are no plans to implement any time in the near future; it minimizes the distraction in the
classes that get a lot of activity. It is not necessary, but it was done that way when I started
looking at the code and I recognized it as a clever approach and I followed its example. As
to being confusing, I guess the abstract keyword was inadvertently omitted along the way and
got propagated; but the intended effect is not hampered by the omission. I'll clean it up
with the addition of the keyword to improve on its clarity.
> As to class level hierarchy, I am not sure I understand the reference? Could you elaborate?
> As to plans: Broad plans for 1.0 timeframe target are published in CASSANDRA-2876. The
implementation of the prepared statement improvements (CASSANDRA-2885) is waiting on required
support of CQL in various forms.
> I am also unclear as to what you are asking for in the final paragraph? Changes in each
of those classes is inevitable to support new features but there are no plans (by me) for
any other  (alternate) classes. Perhaps you are implying they could be marked final? Note
CassandraPreparedStatement is a sub-class of CassandraStatement.
> On Aug 28, 2011, at 1:33 PM, Vivek Mishra wrote:
>> I was looking at AbstractCassandraConnection,AbstractResultSet and AbstractStatement
classes. Name looks to me quite confusing as none of them is an abstract class.  1 more thin,
any specific reason for creating class level hierarchy?
>> -2876
>> Plans for any other implementation/s of CassandraConnection, ResultSet and Statement
sub class?
>> Vovel
>> ________________________________
is a good recommendation to remove the public modifier on those non-interface imethods as
well. I'll see to it.
>> On Aug 28, 2011, at 11:35 AM, Eric Evans wrote:
>>> On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 3:47 AM, Vivek Mishra <>
it should return ResultSet as jdbc api.
>>> The execute methods aren't a part of the java.sql.Connection
>>> interface, but they are public, and so shouldn't be returning Thrift
>>> structs.  Maybe we just need to drop the public modifier.
>>> Can you open a ticket Vivek?
>>> --
>>> Eric Evans
>>> Acunu | | @acunu