cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PHP Cassandra CQL driver
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 14:24:32 GMT
On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 4:34 AM, Courtney Robinson <sabco@live.co.uk> wrote:
> Okay, Dave Gardner, Nick Telford and myself met at the London Cassandra meetup.
> We were keen on getting a PHP CQL driver done and decided to use github while working
on it.

Great work, guys! Glad to see CQL picking up steam. I think it will be
a game-changer for adoption.

> Firstly, has it already been taken into consideration that CQL implicitly means injections
may become a problem?

Absolutely. The same best practices for a SQL driver apply:
parametrization should be handled by the API rather than string
escaping done manually.  For the Java driver we are doing this in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2277. I'm not very
familiar with PHP but I think PDO is usually used for that?

> We also wondered about actually making this an “official” driver. Once it is in a
stable state, do we just let Eric or one of the other committers know or is there a particularly
long winded process that has to be followed?

I believe the plan of record is to host CQL drivers in-tree, so you'd
post it to JIRA for review as usual.

Thanks!

--
Jonathan Ellis