cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: nose tests -- run recently?
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 20:38:48 GMT
On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Jack Culpepper <jackculpepper@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you running on a platform that doesn't care about capitalization?

Yes.  If you're building Thrift on windows you're only the second
person I know to have done so. :)

> error: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer

I've never seen Thrift do that before.  Did you check the server log
for exceptions?

> What if I create a separate set of tests to make sure a running
> cluster is behaving properly? The first test would make sure the
> proper key spaces exist. That could fail with a clear message.
> Subsequently, scan the keys, remove all of them, then scan again. Now,
> either the environment is clean or something failed. Next, do some
> insertions, deletions, scans, etc. This would help me verify that my
> cluster is set up properly.

Sounds more like an in-house testing tool to me but we could evaluate
putting something like that in contrib/.

-Jonathan