cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Dusbabek <gdusba...@gmail.com>
Subject Commit log changes in 0.7
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 17:22:57 GMT
The commit log currently has a header section whose size is constant,
but is a function of the total number of defined column families.
This isn't going to work with CASSANDRA-44 where CFs can be added or
removed on the fly.  I see two options:

1.  hard code the size of the header to accommodate a maximum number
of CFs.  I don't like this approach because it imposes a hard limit.
2.  move the header into its own file.  I don't like this because it
adds complexity.

Any better other ideas?

Some background:  the data stored in the header indicates a) which CFs
are 'dirty' and b) log replay offsets for each CF.